- Oct. 31, 2012 Final technical program is posted.
- Oct. 21, 2012 Both panels are posted.
- Oct. 9, 2012 Panels is posted.
- Sep. 23, 2012 Technical program is posted.
- Sep. 13, 2012 Keynote speech is posted.
- Aug. 29, 2012 Program at a Glance is available now.
- Aug. 29, 2012 Accommodation reservation is available now.
- Aug. 22, 2012 The registration deadline for accepted papers is extended to Sep. 7, 2012.
- Aug. 22, 2012 Online Registration is available now.
- Aug. 11, the IEEE PDF eXpress is available now. Please follow the steps given in camera-ready instructions page.
- Aug. 6, 2012 Online registration information is available now.
- Aug. 4, 2012 Camera-ready submission deadline is extended to Aug. 24, 2012. We expect to have the IEEE PDF eXpress ready by Monday Aug. 13, 2012.
- Jul. 29, 2012 Camera-ready submission deadline is extended to Aug. 10, 2012.
- Jul. 16, 2012 Camera-ready submission deadline is extended to Aug. 3, 2012. We are still working with the IEEE to resolve the PDF eXpress problem.
- Jul. 12, 2012 Demo proposal authors: Please send your demo proposals directly by email to our demo co-chairs Ebroul Izquierdo (email@example.com) and Xin Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you!
- Jul. 10, 2012 Authors please note that the IEEE PDF eXpress is not yet working. We are working to make it work very soon. Please check back in a few days.
- Jul. 9, 2012 Camera-ready instructions are posted.
- Apr. 11, 2012 Paper submission deadline is extended to April 27, 2012.
- Jan. 23, 2012 Author guidelines are posted.
- Dec. 18, 2011 Call for papers is posted.
- Dec. 7, 2011 Important dates are posted.
- Nov. 28, 2011 Website is up and running. Stay tuned.
The Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP) Conference, sponsored by the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society and supported by University of Southern California (USC), San Diego State University (SDSU) and University of California San Diego (UCSD), will be held at The Westin San Diego of the beautiful city of San Diego, CA, USA, during November 27-30, 2012.
Since 1986, VCIP has served as a premier forum in SPIE for the exchange of fundamental research results and technological advances in the field of visual communications and image processing. The 2012 edition will be the second time that VCIP will be held under the auspices of the IEEE. VCIP 2012 shall inherit the tradition of previous conferences in providing fertile ground for leading engineers and scientists from around the world to escalate collaboratively the research frontiers within these and related areas. Original and unpublished work relevant to, but are not limited to, the following topics are hereby solicited:
- Emerging Techniques for Next Generation Video/Image Coding
- Advanced Techniques for Emerging 3D Videos
- Visual Communications
- Systems and Techniques for Human Interaction
- Embedded Systems and Architecture Implementations
- Cloud Multimedia Systems, Applications and Services
Submission of Papers: Prospective authors are invited to submit a 4-6 pages, full-length paper, including results, figures, and references. VCIP 2012 additionally encourages the submission of one-page demo papers with a description of proposed working systems. Only electronic submission through the conference website http://vcip2012.org will be accepted.
Tutorial and Special Session Proposals: Researchers, developers, and practitioners from related communities are invited to submit proposals for organizing tutorials and special sessions on various emerging topics described above. Tutorials will be held on Tuesday, November 27, 2012. Proposals must include title, outline, contact and biography information of the presenter, and a short description of the material to be distributed. Special session proposals must provide title, rationale, contact and biography information of the organizers, and a list of invited papers with tentative title and abstract.
Papers accepted for regular, special, and demonstration sessions must be registered and presented to assure their inclusion in the IEEE Xplore. Awards will be given to a number of papers with best quality. Please follow the navigation links to the left of this web page for additional information regarding paper and proposal formatting instructions and submission details.
See you in San Diego!